Monday, June 25, 2012

Week 39


Trying out our new to us glider in the nursery. 

Of course the current baby of the family, Belle, couldn't let me have a seat without joining me! 



Weight: 173.5 lbs.


Total Weight Gain: 33.5 lbs.

I had one of my worst nights of sleep thus far last night.  One of my hips was bothering me; I couldn't get comfortable; and I could NOT fall or stay asleep!  Finally around 4a.m. I gave up and went to he recliner where I did fall asleep for a few hours until it was time to get up.  It wasn't the best sleep, but it was better than what I'd been getting, or not getting, in the bed. 

I'm hoping I was just thrown off by the nap I took yesterday afternoon and tonight will be back to normal.  I realize that could be a laughable statement at 39 weeks, but so far things have gone smoothly!

In this final week I plan on taking it easy, keeping the laundry and dishes done and spending time as a family of 4.

We picked up a glider from Craig's List this weekend for $30!  We're quite pleased as it is a purchase we've gone back and forth on so many times and were looking for the right opportunity.   We quickly learned gliders go fast from Craig's List!  Luckily after a few weeks Keith found us the right one!  Now I'm on the search for a stool for it too.  I'm thinking some of the gift cards we have will make that a snap!

I'm watching for signs of labor all the time!  I'm not sure I always know what I'm looking or paying attention for, but it sure is on my mind a lot! 

The boys really got into being big brothers this past weekend.

Sunday morning I was in the nursery and Caleb sat himself in our new glider.  He held his arms out and asked if that was how you held a baby.  I headed to the stuffed animals quick to pick up an appropriately sized one for him to practice.  We then attempted to swaddle it.  (I think I need to practice that skill!)  Caleb was off rocking him, putting baby panda in the crib, rocking baby in the bouncy seat and all kind of things!

It didn't take long before Caden brought in his own stuffed animal to be swaddled too.  After finding a new stuffed animals, as a sitting dog with 4 legs was pretty hard to work with, we settled on a bear.  They spent time off and on all day taking care of their babies and asking me to turn on the noise machine in the nursery, reswaddle their babies, turn off the lights so they can sleep. 

On the way to lunch after church Keith and I listened as they talked in the backseat about the babies being at home with a babysitter since they didn't come to church with us.  Then they discussed what they needed to do with their babies when they got back home after church and everything.  They even took their swaddled babies to bed with them last night. They asked questions and navigated the nursery like top notch big brothers!  They were adorable and made me one proud mama!


No comments: