Thursday, June 07, 2012

At the Car Wash

A few weeks ago the kids and I were out running errands while Keith was away doing something else for the day.  One of those errands was to get our van washed.  We have a lot of large trees in our yard, which leads to a lot of birds in our yard.  As a result, our cars are always covered in lots of bird poop.  (We rarely park our cars in the garage in the spring/summer.)

I stopped at the gas station, filled up and purchased my car wash with my gas.  So after filling up, we drove around back to the car wash.  I put down my window, entered my car wash code and put the window back up.

Sounds simple right?

Well, I should say I tried to put my window back up.  But the window was STUCK.

You know when it's a bad time to find out your car window won't go up?  When you're sitting at the car wash.

We were fortunate there was no one behind us, and the light was still blinking to enter, so I kept trying to put the window up while the kids are asking what's going on from the back seat. 

Just as I decided it's time to turn around and go inside to explain my situation in hopes they'll let me have my car washed another day my window starts to go up!  So I turn around again to get my van washed!  Except that it stops and freezes again about 2 inches from closing as I pull up to the wash again.

Well crap.

So I sit there and play with it some more and it finally goes up!

But by this time, my car wash code is expired.

So I drive on through the car wash, without a drop of water hitting my van.

I go around to the front, park the car and walk inside to stand in line.  Apparently it was a busy at the gas station! 

I explain my situation the attendant, feeling stupid of course, while the attendant at the next cash register drinks sherbert from the container between customers while chuckling at my situation.  (You're drinking sherbert from an ice cream tub at work in front of the public and you're chuckling at me?  I digress.)

She goes to her manager in the back room and comes back with information for another car wash for me.  She give me another code to enter, and this time, I open my door to enter my code and get my van washed.

No comments: