Monday, June 18, 2012

Week 38



My due date is in 2 weeks.  2 weeks!!

Wow.

It has flown by, and the reality that we could have a baby any day now is slowly starting to set in.  It's frightening and exciting and a lot of things all rolled into one.  

My sleep is slowly getting more difficult.  I'm still sleeping alright, but I'm waking more frequently to pee.  I also am starting to have a hard time getting in a comfortable position to sleep, which can be frustrating.  I know Keith would agree with the tossing and turning piece of it.  This weekend he moved and readjusted everything in the bed, and I was not happy about it.  I was comfortable how dare you move!

One thing we wanted to do and have failed miserably at so far is to cook meals and put them in the freezer for us to eat after baby arrives.  We have a low key week planned this week, so I suppose we still have time.  I'd hoped to be much more successful at freezer meals.  Generally we're good at cooking and having homemade food around, but we've been so busy with baseball and swim lessons and life that we've struggled lately.  Things are winding down now, as we've purposefully kept our calendar clear, so hopefully we have some time to work on this!

The work days have seemed to drag on endlessly, and by the time I'm finally home, I'm tired and sometimes cranky.  Cranky is happening more and more, but I'm trying to keep that in check too.

I've been trying to keep up with things at home so we're ready to go when the time comes.  I'm trying to keep the house picked up, which I do always anyway, but I'm trying to keep up with the dishes and laundry too.  I don't want to come home with our new baby and be way behind on laundry to start with!

I'm trying to enjoy some stolen moments alone with each of the boys lately, and we're all talking about baby more to help them prepare.  

I can't wait to see them meet their new baby brother or sister for the first time!
 

No comments: