Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Week 36 Day 1

I forgot to have Keith take my photo last night for the post, which stinks because I had a cute dress on and high heels!  Impressive at 36 weeks!  I'll hopefully remember tomorrow.  I'm working at home today, so my attire is not something I need captured on film digital memory. 

Weight: 168

I stepped on the scale this morning for the first time in awhile.  I've gained 28 pounds to date by my own scale measurements.  In looking back it's been almost a month since I stepped on the scale; I've gained 6 pounds in that time, which seems to be a pretty good average weight gain.  I was hoping to keep my gain under 30 pounds, but it doesn't look like that will happen, but the most important thing is a happy healthy baby, so I'm more than alright with that!

I've getting less and less of the, you're so small for how far along you are comments, but the you're so large comments haven't really started yet, so I think that's a good place to be too!

We had our second and final baby shower this past weekend.   

I've been keeping up with the laundry so we're all ready for baby!

The nursery is nearly all put together and everything we have thus far we plan on using the first few months is assembled.  We still have several items we need to purchase yet.  We've planned a trip to Babies R Us this weekend to get the finishing touches we need to prepare for baby.  On the top of that list is a car seat and a crib mattress!  We have gone through our registry one last time and updated it for purchases and prioritized the items needed.  

My mom has been waiting to purchase a baby gift for us until after the showers seeing what we still needed, so she'll be joining us on our weekend shopping adventure.

I've noticed the past week or so water has seemed very inviting.  As we took the boys to swim lessons last night, I was nearly jealous of their time in the pool.  Unfortunate we don't readily have access to a pool, and I no longer have a bathing suit that will fit.  

The fact that baby's due date is less than a month away is certainly starting to make me anxious!  I feel unprepared, but excited.  

I'm very fortunate to not be very uncomfortable yet.  I certainly won't mind if this continues!  I'm still peeing about once a night, but I'm sleeping well and still active in most activities even if my working out has really ended.  I have had a great pregnancy so far and hoping it continues for the next 4-ish weeks!

No comments: