Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Baby Shower #2

Sunday some friends and family graciously put together a baby shower for us.  At my request we included significant others and families.  I'm not a big fan of ultra feminine traditional showers, and I really wanted the boys to be a part of it too.  So we held the shower at my house, but some great friends and my mom provided the food and such, one even cleaned our house for us.  So Keith and I have been focusing on other home projects that we've needed to do.  This gave us that extra motivational push to get some things done around the house.  We're so very thankful for our family and friends and enjoyed getting to celebrate at home!

Keith grilled hamburgers and hot dogs for everyone and we ate and enjoyed everyone's company.  It was so nice to see everyone and share our excitement for baby.

The weather had been calling for a chance of rain, but it had been sunny and in the 70s all day, which was fantastic.  The shower was to begin at 4, and I swear, I walked out the door at 4 to thunder.  Moments before the boys had come to tell me it was thundering, but I hadn't heard it and kind of brushed it off, but I wasn't to the driveway before I started getting wet and moments later it was raining!  We frantically started moving things inside as people were arriving and some were hesitating in their cars as they arrived.  We were blessed that after about 15 minutes of rain and hustle, it cleared off and ended up being a wonderful evening outside!

It turned out to be a great time and a beautiful evening outside.  We are so appreciative of our family and friends to share in this exciting time with us!


No comments: