Monday, September 30, 2013
Saturday, September 28, 2013
Friday, September 20, 2013
Every day I come home from work I'm greeted by Elinore. Every day I come home I think she looks less and less like our baby and more and more like our little girl. She is becoming quite the toddler!
She is frequently taking a few steps on her own now!
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Right around Elinore's first birthday, she started being interested in standing while holding someones hands and walking cautiously around with hands.
In the last month, Elinore has started walking while only holding one hand and she's doing really well at that!
Just the other night, Elinore took a few steps from her toy bin to the couch for Keith, and I ran in to catch the end of it.
Tonight, Elinore stood up while we were playing on the floor and took a step or two toward me to hug me a snuggle for a brief bit. My girl is growing and learning!
A few other things she's started doing recently and is really into:
- She's shaking her head no.
- She's crawling super super fast.
- Being noisy! She's gotten even more vocal recently.
- She's hugging, and sometimes kissing. Kissing usually must be prompted, after Keith and I kiss each other a few times quickly, then she's all for it!
- She's blowing kisses.
- She'll sshhh you with her finger if you do it first. (She learned this within 2 hours of our 15 hour train ride to Boston!)
Sunday's sermon was titled "A Child is Born." I only took notes on a single bit toward the end of the sermon that resonated...
One other concept that came up Sunday during church that I see happen is favorites in children. Parents have a favorite child. I've se...
As I read the prayer they prayed in Nehemiah 9, I started to notice the name adjectives they used to describe our God and took not of them; ...
The sermon this past Sunday at church was on a topic I'd thought about off and on over time, but especially lately. The scripture was f...