Friday, September 03, 2010

A Question You Shouldn't Ask in a Hospital

Last night, after a long day of waiting at the hospital, my Dad and I were getting ready to go home. 

My mom's nurse walked us out of that area of the hospital. 

On that walk, my Dad asked the nurse: "How many people do you loose here in a day?"

As in, this building is so large and complicated, how do people not get lost getting from one place to the next, which Dad did then clarify.

However, upon first asking the question, the nurse, nor I understood his objective. 

I'm sure you can imagine what we might have been thinking.  There was an awkward silence following the question.

Oh what a day yesterday was.

3 comments:

Christina said...

Haha, yeah, I would have thought the same thing you were thinking! :)

Erin said...

Ha ha ha!

How's your mom doing today? I've been thinking about her and you and praying!!!

Beth said...

I felt so uncomfortable, but I'm getting more used to hospitals lately.

Thanks for asking about my mom! She's recovering well!