Monday, September 20, 2010

Our Wedding Music

 Our first wedding anniversary is coming up, as I mentioned before, so I thought I'd share a post about our wedding planning, not matter how poorly it was done!

Every one commented on how calm, cool, and collected I was, which is SO unusual for me considering most of the time I'm pretty high-strung!  But I had this philosophy that served me VERY well on my wedding day.  "I've planned enough, not nearly as much as some, but it was enough, and if something happens, so what, we'll make it work.  In the end, as long as I'm married to my husband and we have our family, what else matters!?"  Looking back I can't believe I wasn't more nervous as there were like 300 people at our wedding!

I stupidly waiting until nearly the last minute to organize music.  One of my good friends from college, however, was going to be able to sing for us.  I had known a girl in high school that I knew could play the piano very well, and although she couldn't help us, she offered the talents of her older brother!  We trusted them enough to make some of their own selections and go with it to fill the time. 

Mere weeks before the wedding my singing friend calls, she can sing.  She's got a role in a musical that is performing, which is her dream job!  Ok, so we'll just have piano music, no biggie, other than being sad that my good friend wouldn't be able to attend our wedding!

THEN, not a week later, our pianist calls.  He broke his hand.  He can't play.

Crap.

Disney recordings here we come.

No comments: