Tuesday, September 14, 2010

This is Joe Davis...

With our first wedding anniversary, I'm hoping to have a few post in the next couple weeks about our courtship and wedding, and maybe even one about our honeymoon, sparring the details of course!  (Did I just say courtship?  Do people still use that word??)

The first time my now husband had the courage to call me, he prank called me.

Yes, really.

We'd talked enough during and after work in the parking lots enough for him to know a few things about me this time, he had even asked me out over myspace by then, which I said now to.  Neither one of us even have a myspace anymore.

I said no because I already had plans that day, but I did give him my phone number.

The summer I met him I spent a lot of time out and about, traveling the stating and living life as a party.  Once every other week or so I needed a night to catch up and sleep.  I'd come home from work and just sleep until the next morning.  It worked out pretty well!

He happened to call on one of those nights.  When he called he woke me up, and the conversation went something like this:

A very groggy hello.

Yes, hi, this is Joe Davis.  I'm calling because my vacuum pump went out.

Oh recently?  Are you calling to have it fixed?  (This is one of the many things my dad does as a service man to dairy farming operations.)

Yes.  (Then he continues to spew some information that sounds accurate.  He milked cows on a dairy farm growing up.)

Well, hold on a minute, let me find one of the guys to see how they can help you.  (As I stumble out of bed to go find my dad in the house somewhere.)

Hey, it's Keith.  Just kidding.

What!? 

And then we talked for hours I'm sure.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Ha ha. This reminds me of the first time I called my husband. His name is Steve, and so is his dads. I did not know this. So when I called and asked for Steve, his sister put his dad on the phone. Can you say awkward?

Beth said...

I used to hate calling my husband when he lived with his parents. I was always afraid of them answering! (And I must have dated the only 20 something year old in the last 5 years who didn't have a cell phone!)