Thursday, September 23, 2010

& it continues...

I had hoped yesterday was our tipping point.

After a lot of debating, we decided to send them back to day care today.  Our day care is willing to work with us and find a solution that works for all of us.  So we sent them to day care, and we went to work.

I worked, but I worried too.  A lot.

Finally after lunch I called the day care to check on them.  There hadn't been any big incidents, but he still wasn't listening and doing the right thing all day.

And then I worried some more.

I went to pick the kids up, only to find that our other sign hit another child in the face today and laughed about it. 

Then I loaded the kids up in the car, and I cried...again.

The kids and I went to the store, picked up the things we needed for dinner, and headed home.  The kids were pretty well behaved in the grocery store, and I didn't felt like maybe we could make some progress.

Then dinner came around.  They'd been doing well until dinner time.  They helped; they played; they listened.

We had Honey-Glaze Chicken Stir-Fry for dinner.

Midway through eating, he decided he didn't like it.  He started to throw a tantrum, in which I asked him not to spit out the food as I could tell he was thinking about it.  Not 30 seconds later, chewed up chicken was being spit all over my living room floor.

Hubby moved his chair and had him pick up the mess he made.  I then directed him to go to bed.  He refused, and I ended up carrying him to his bed.  Was we got to his bed, he proceeded to throw his head at full force into my nose.  And now, I have a read, puffy, sore, and throbbing nose, and lots of tears to go with it. 

It wouldn't have taken much at the time for me to cry as it was, and then the waterfall began.

My husband and I are at a loss at what to do.  I'm still asking those questions from yesterday, and come up with even more. 

What if it is something genetic?

What if there really is something wrong with him?

What is it that we're doing wrong?

What can we be doing differently to help him?

The questions continue, my tears continue, my worries continue, and my prayers continue. 

We've got an appointment scheduled for next week with our pediatrician to start to see what some of other options are, and I'm hoping for the best.

My husband and I are planning on going away for the night to Amish Country to celebrate our first wedding anniversary.  The guilt I've felt for being a working mom, and now this guilt, it may be more than I can handle.

I'm continuing to find strength for to continue in this journey of motherhood and praying for the best.

No comments: