Thursday, September 09, 2010

Man Shoes

This past winter was not a good time for me.  Looking back I know that.  At the time, I thought it was just me.

But during that time, I decided I hated wearing anything but flat shoes.  No heels for me, and I thought I'd never wear them again.  Boy have I changed my mind, as I've been wearing them nearly everyday lately! 

I bought these shoes one day.



I brought them home.  Keith looked at them, and said they look like men's shoes.  I shrugged it off; what does he know!?

Then one morning the boys were helping me get dressed.  I occasioanly let them pick out shoes for me.  It doesn't always turn out the best, and I sometimes change anyway, but they have fun. 

This morning, the boys pulled these shoes out of my closet and proceed to ask why daddy's shoes are in my closet. 

Please ignore my legs. I would never wear these shoes without pants.  It is purely for the shoe look!

That's the day, I gave in.  Ok, they look like man shoes, but I like them and their comfortable.  Ever since they've been called my man shoes.  They got me through this past winter though!  I may wear them again this winter, but I will probably become more feminie and not wear them as a part of my daily attire.  Perhaps just on casual Friday when I wear jeans.

Although, since I have what has to be the first cold of cold and flu season this week, I thought about wearing them today with the cooler weather! I resisted and wore much cuter flats, but my heels paid for it with a lovely blister!

3 comments:

SkyMommy said...

Sometimes comfortable totally beats fashion. With a pair of pants those shoes wouldn't be too bad. I had a pair of work shoes that were similar to that. I wore them until they literally broke.

Funny that the boys asked you if they were their dad's shoes though. Ha!

Allie said...

That cracks me up, but I think they would actually be cute with pants!

Beth said...

Phew! You two have made me feel much better about my shoes!