Friday, September 24, 2010

Crutches. Really?

 After the first two snippets about our wedding, I'd thought I'd share another one.

The week before our wedding, my husband finally had his bachelor party.  I'd been bugging him about getting it in for some time, but well he and his groomsmen aren't always the most prompt people I know.  So the weekend before our wedding it is. 

He went off with his friends for the night, while the kids and I stayed home and had some fun of our own. 

Sunday the kids and I headed out and about, what we were doing, I don't remember, but I do remember the phone call I got when the he returned home.  The conversation went something like this:

Hey, I think I need to go to the emergency room.

Uh, what did you say?

My knee is hurt.  It's swollen, and I can barely walk.

What the hell did you do?  We're getting married in 6 days.  6 DAYS!

Well, I fell, and this morning, I couldn't hardly move.  (At some point later, I learned that what he did was fall while he was at the strip club walking along with a friend, who promptly shouted "man down!"  To my husband's surprise, he was the man down.)

Well can't you wait until tomorrow and just go to the doctor.  We don't really need an emergency room bill right now...

And so he went to the emergency room.  By himself.  (Almost wife fail? Eh, he still married me!)  A few hours later we were all home, and wouldn't you know, he was on crutches!

So the next few days were spent arguing over the use of the crutches.  He argued he didn't need them; I said I don't care, use them now so you can walk down the aisle on our wedding day, and on our honeymoon!

He didn't listen to me, but he did walk down the aisle with me.  And he did walk with me everywhere on the honeymoon.  Although we may have canceled our hiking in the Smoky Mountains plan...

No comments: