Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Week 17 Day 1


BOTH boys wanted in this week.  Maybe if we do this every week by the time we get to baby we'll have a really great picture of the three of us, you know, where all of us are smiling!
Family photos wouldn't be complete without Daddy too!

Weight: 136.5

Every week, and sometimes more often, I weigh myself in the morning before getting ready for the day.  Normally I get out of bed, use the restroom, and step on the scale in the bedroom before moving on with my day.

At this weight I'm currently still 3.5 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight, but I've put back on 5.5 pounds of what I lost in early pregnancy.  I'm so glad I'm past most of my appetite and eating issues!  I wouldn't say I eat just as I did before, but it's certainly heading in the right direction.

For the next few months, I must stay on top of things while I'm in school.  I'm not a procrastinator, so when I get behind, it's stressful.  Therefore, I'm commited to staying on top and delegating housework to the husband as necessary. Come the middle of April, the semester will be over!  I can so do this for three months.

It been awhile now since I've been able to sleep through the night without getting up to go to the bathroom.   Dare I say I'm almost used a a once a night visit to the bathroom.  It took me awhile to realize that is why I was waking up in the middle of the night every night.  I'd wake up, roll over, and once I rolled over and got comfortable I would realize I was awake to pee.  But instead of using logic, peeing and coming back to bed, I would lay there half sleeping for an hour before I'd finally get up and go.  I think I've finally trained myself to just get up and go finally, and it's so much nicer!  I've also realized that I prefer to be worked up be pee BEFORE 4 a.m.  After 4 a.m. I just get frustrated that it is so close to time to get up that sleep becomes fitful after that.  I haven't figured out how to make that happen regularly though. 

At my appointment yesterday the doctor asked if I'd been getting comments about being so small yet.  She was surprised when I said I hadn't been getting comments on it yet.  She said everyone has an opinion about what size you should be, you'll probably hear about that soon.  So far, nothing, and I'm fine with that, because I would prefer not to hear about it. 

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Haha.... guess I'll stop commenting! You look great Bethany, I'm just getting excited for you to really start showing! Best part is, once you have this little guy / gal you'll probably never look like you had him / her as soon as its over! I have a friend who is very slim like you and she didn't show for months, but when she did, it was like the cutest little basketball bump ever! btw... I haven't looked at your blog in months, cute pics! And, when it comes to going to the bathroom... it actually gets worse! As I got closer to the end, it was 2 and sometimes 3 times a night. By the very end, it was like sleepwalking and the next morning I would think to myself, "Did I go to the bathroom in the middle of the night?" lol! Good thing though is that getting use to getting up in the middle of the night now really prepares you for all those middle of the night feedings once the baby gets here!