Friday, January 06, 2012

Boy or Girl? I don't know want to know.

A common question thus far in the pregnancy is when and/or if we are going to find out if we're having a boy or a girl.  I've been set on not finding out, something I thought about before we were pregnant.  However, Keith didn't share the same thought I did.  He wanted to know.

Luckily, he's come around to my side of the fence, but a part of me still feels like I'm cheating him out of something.   We could still change our mind, but as of now, I'm set on not knowing. 

There are only a handful of actual reasons I don't want to know, listed below, really I just have this strong feeling of not wanting to know.  I can't really explain it.
  • Knowing the gender of the baby does not change anything about our love or desire to have the baby.
  • No knowing will cause me to spend less money on clothes, etc. before the baby is born as it is more difficult to find gender neutral items, and after, I'll be a busy mother of three.  (I think this was a big selling point for Keith!)
  • We're planning a gender neutral nursery, but if we knew, the nursery colors wouldn't change, why confuse things?

No comments: