Thursday, January 05, 2012

Week 14 Day 2

I was so unsatisfied with yesterday's photo that I made Keith take another last night.  
This one I'm much happier with!  We tried a new location in the house, probably not the best yet, but we'll keep trying.  And in this photo, you might actually be able to see a bit of a bump starting!

Did I mention in my last post that I'm officially in my second trimester?  It's an exciting moment for us!

This morning, I hit the treadmill again!  It sure felt good, and it wasn't as hard as I'd have expected after taking 2 months off working out.  I do want to focus on fitness through my pregnancy.  Everything I've read this far shares how good it is for you, and if I have that expectation of myself when I'm not expecting, why would now be any different?  

While I'm walking on the treadmill, I've been reading my books about pregnancy.  I've also starting thinking about needing to read books about breastfeeding.  It is something Keith and I strongly agree on that we want to do.  Doing it, however, has me a bit anxious!  I need to think positively.  

This morning during my run on the treadmill, I spent most of my time trying to imagine life with an infant with little success.  I think it's for two reasons, one, I have NO IDEA what life with an infant will be like.  I'm sure I can prepare and prepare and prepare, and I still won't know what it'll be like until it's here.  I think the other reason is that I've never been much of a dreamer.  I've always been more of a realist; I never fantasized about my prom when I was young, or my wedding as I got older.  It's just not who I am; perhaps that why every time I sit down and try to write a bucket list I struggle so much with it.  

Luckily, my husband has some idea what life with an infant is like, after all, this will be his third.  I feel somewhat confident in my abilities to handle toddles, especially after 2 years, but prior to that, it's uncharted territory for me.  I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a bit nervous about it!  Along with that nervousness though, comes a ton of excitement for life with our new family of 5. 

No comments: