Friday, January 13, 2012

Week 15 Day 4

What's on my mind this week?

I've been down the second half of the week with a cold.  A seriously nasty, not leaving the recliner cold.  I worked from home on Wednesday and ended up wishing I'd just taken a sick day.   Thursday, I did take sick day.  I spent both days in the recliner and Wednesday night too.  I passed the time reading to prepare for baby, watching tv and napping. 

Pregnancy has made me nostalgic for my own childhood, especially with food.  I've found myself going to comfort foods from my childhood I haven't had in years.  My mom packed my dad's lunches when we were kids and often had store bought desserts for him in the form of cookies and snack cakes.  I bake a lot, so we never buy store bought treats, but lately that just what I've been doing.  It might have something to do with the fact that I haven't been doing much baking lately either.

I'm a little apprehensive about out growing my clothes.  Not really because of my size, but because of the thought of having to purchase new clothes.

I've been making to do lists like crazy.  I'm already thinking about the classes we'll take later in the pregnancy, mainly because in some initial research, scheduling conflicts with when they are offered are abundant.  I need to start the paper work for maternity leave.  It seems like there is a lot to do, but it's all totally doable, and not crazy by any means.  We're blessed in that we have a lot of things that have just worked out for us to prepare for baby so far. 

Let's hope week 16 comes without the sickness!

No comments: