Thursday, August 26, 2010

Idlewild Park

It seems like forever ago my family went on vacation!

I failed at blogging about the trip!  Here's one of our stops.  Any bets on how long it'll take me to post about the other stops on our trip?  

After day one of our vacation, we spent day two at Idlewild Park and Soak Zone!

We started out the day heading to Mister Rogers Neighborhood of Make-Believe.  While I was a big fan, and watched Mister Rogers often as a child, my boys have never seen the show.  Regardless, the sure like the Hug-N-Song Party!

We spent the rest of our morning watching the kiddos play in Racoon Lagoon.  They loved it, well almost all of it anyway.  The tea cups were not a family favorite.  I wouldn't recommend wearing a dress on them if you'd like to keep some dignity!


After lunching in the shade of some large trees, we headed on to explore Olde Idlewild.  But before I get to that, let me just say that I LOVE the shade trees!  We spent an entire day at the park and didn't spend too much time in direct sun!

Olde Idlewild consisted of some bigger kid rides that the boys got to enjoy with Mommy and Daddy!  We rode the carousel.
We rode the Scrambler.  At the time, there were not terribly excited about that one!
They even rode their very first real roller coaster!  They were also not fans of it!

Then it was time for some ice cream and a trip over to Story Book Forest!

Story Book Forest made me realize there are a lot of great classic children stories out there that we're not passing on to our boys!  I'm going to share Story Book Forest in a separate post all of its own.

We headed over to Jumpin' Jungle.  I think the boys were most excited to get to play here!

This giant climbing net is in Jumpin' Jungle.  My husband remembers this as a child.  His family came to Idlewild on vacation.  He remembers being nearly traumatized by the fact that he had made it nearly to the top when he started crying and some stranger helped him the rest of the way to the top and carried him back down to my in-laws.  Some 20+ years later, he's back again to conquer it!
Caden's already well on his way up while hubby and Caleb are still at the bottom.  To protect my dignity in my oh so comfortable cotton summer dress, and to protect my fear of heights, I was staying at the bottom to take pictures!
So far so good!
C'mon guys; you're taking too long!
Mommy, MOOOOOMMMMMMY!  I scared will you come please!
And that is how I ended up facing my fear of heights and climbing this silly net in a dress for all the spectators below to see my underpants.

There are just some things I don't like to do.  Hubby usually tries to convince me.  It never works.  The kids on the other hand, they get me.  I have a feeling I'm going to be facing more of my fears with a smile on my face for those two little boys of mine.

No comments: