Sunday, August 22, 2010

I chose him.

The result of our life changing event has been amazing. 

It has molded us and made us into the people we are today.  I will not pretend that it wasn't without many challenges along the way, and the many that we are still to face, but we have a deeper appreciation for the life God chose for us. 

In the conversations I had after the incident, I had several people, even some close friends, that asked what I was going to do in terms of my relationship.  Some suggested I really consider if this is what I want for my life; that circumstances change, and I could "find another fish in the sea" kind of mentality. 

The thought never once occurred to me.  When you love someone, you love them.  I may have never dreamed of the situation I was in, but it happened for a reason.  My husband, is who he is and the man I fell in love with  partly because of those boys.  My husband wouldn't be the same man he is, if he'd never had those children and been in that relationship.  When you commit to someone and love them, you take sticky situations with the good. 

In thinking over these comments, I was almost offended at the thought.  I'm sure they had my best interests at heart, but in my heart of hearts, I knew what was right for me.

2 comments:

Julia Ladewski said...

wow. first time i read about that story, but you're right. you love someone, you love them. what an awesome mom you are.

Beth said...

Thank you.