Saturday, August 14, 2010

Community 5K Run

I just finished my second ever 5K.  I'm ready for a nap, but I'm so glad I did it.  It was a great community race full of families and coaches and teams.  And this time, I wasn't running with the horse and buggies!

It wasn't as hot as I was expecting this morning, which was nice.  

I finished mile one in 8:43.  Best mile I've ever finished since high school!  

I finished mile two in 17 something.  Sometimes running kills my memory I think. 

I finished the race in 28:25.  This is a full minute better than my last 5K

And wouldn't you know I won this nice little trophy!


Did you see that!?  I placed 2nd in my group (20-24 year old females). 

Before you get too congratulatory, I should probably also tell you that I could have finished one hour later, and still placed second.  There were only two people in my group!  The first place finisher finished in 27:07. 

No comments: