Thursday, July 08, 2010

Motivation

I've been struggling with motivation lately for working out. I'm lucky if I'm getting two runs a week in the past few weeks.  I wish I had a better reason, other than I just am not getting out of bed in the morning to do it.  The heat has me slightly saddened about my running because I haven't been able to add much distance when it so stinking hot out there!

Sidebar: The high today was in the 90s.  The high tomorrow, according to www.weather.com, is only 75.  What the heck Ohio weather!?  I'll believe it when I feel it! 

I plan on getting a decent run in this weekend outside before hubby leaves town on Sunday.  I won't be able to squeeze in my morning runs if hubs isn't here to stay home with the kiddos!  Ideally I'll just use the treadmill in our basement, but knowing my motivation lately, I'd say that isn't likely. (I've already given up hope for tomorrow morning, but I'll set my alarm anyway!)

Perhaps the boys have noticed my lack of running, as they like to stretch with me afterward, but they had something to say tonight!  I put on my running shorts and a t-shirt after work this evening to take them to swim lessons, because it's too darn hot to wear much of anything else.  When the boys had their trunks on for lessons, they came to find me, and said "those shorts are for running" in a very matter of fact kind of statement. 

Perhaps I'll try to remember that when my alarm goes off at 5:30 tomorrow morning...

2 comments:

Erin said...

I too have been so unmotivated. I haven't exercised in TWO weeks. Not good. Instead I have been choosing to sleep in.

Beth said...

I'm slowly working back toward it. I have at least started to do some working out, just hasn't been running.

I've decided I'm going to run tomorrow morning. The weather is cooler, I'm going to bed early, and I'm going to run.