Sunday, July 18, 2010

Happiness in the Ocean

I'll be blogging more about our adventures with photographs when we return home, but there was a moment today, that was worth documenting.


My family our four, on our first real family vacation, spent the late afternoon at the crowded beach in New Jersey.  After the boys finally warmed up to the idea of the water, the four of us held hands and walked our the beach so our toes, and legs on larger waves, were brushed by the water.  There we stood hand-in-hand, smiles on our faces, enjoying the breeze off the ocean and the water on our toes.  We stood, enjoying the movement of the waves, and the presence of each other for 10 minutes (shocking for four year old boys) before Caden broken the hand holding to play in the sand.

It was pure happiness.

I stood there, smiling for as long as my family was enjoying it.  I wanted to take a photo of our family enjoying this moment of our family vacation, but I was too busy living in the moment.  So please, use your imagination.  (I'm sure photos I'll share in a future post, will help with the imagination part!)

5 comments:

Sippy Cup Mom said...

That sounds wonderful! ;-)

Beth said...

Thank you. It was my single favorite moment of our family vacation. :)

Rebecca said...

Moments like that are so precious! Yes, photos are great, but sometimes you just need to savor the moment...especially with 4 year olds. Time passes too quickly!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your story with us at Beach Week.

Beth said...

Thanks ladies! Just thinking about this moment still makes me smile. :)