Thursday, July 01, 2010

Exhausted

I had a good weekend away alone with my good friend from college Claire!  But ever since coming home Sunday night, things have gone less than smoothly, and I'm exhausted. I came home Sunday evening to a messy house I was just irritated as my flight had gotten in later than planned.  I was exhausted from a weekend of late nights.  (I'll blog more about the trip later!)
Monday at work things started to turn around.  I finally had a reasonable about of meetings per week and could really get some work done.  Monday evening, I was home alone while Keith and the kids were running an errand when I got a call from my mom's good friend that she was in the emergency room waiting to be admitted to the hospital with pneumonia. 

Since then I've been heads down at working trying to accomplish lots amongst still getting the kids to swim lessons and appointments, trying to keep up with housework, and spend my evenings at the hospital, but there's just never enough time in a day.  And now I'm just exhausted, but there is so much on my mind sleep doesn't come easily. 

Maybe I'm crankier because I haven't worked out this week either because I'm so exhausted.  I plan on taking tomorrow off yet, and then getting a good run in Saturday morning outside before the heat comes back into town! 

My mom is doing better and hoping to go home soon.  I'm hoping that this long holiday weekend, where, for once, we don't have a jam packed weekend scheduled will allow the time we need to relax, recharge, and get back on track!

No comments: