Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I'm an idiot moments.

Remember when I did this?  And I said it felt like this?

Guess what.

I did it again, sort of.  This time, I missed myself and my computer luckily!

I was sitting in an afternoon meeting just after my lunch.  I had taken my laptop and my glass of water to the meeting as usual.  I moved my computer to share something on my screen, and crash, splash, uh oh.  There it went.  My boss and her peer jumped up to get paper towels, while I crawled under the tables to start picking up the ice cubes and my straw.  The meeting continued, as I cleaned away.  I felt like an idiot, but everyone knows that is typical me action.

It only that were my only embarrassing moment of the day.  I might have felt a little better about myself.

Later this afternoon, I was picking up finishing up a conversation with a peer about something and walking back to my desk, when I noticed a large blog of caramel-looking gunk smashed into my desk chair.  I'm sure you can imagine what that means.

I quickly went to work cleaning it off my chair, and then I headed to my friend Kristin's desk who sits behind me.

In my I know I'm an idiot kind of way, I said "this is embarrassing, but is there anything on my butt?" 

"Yeah.  You've definitely got something going on there."

Well crap.  And I mean literally, because it looked like crap on my butt.  I went to the bathroom to attempt to wash it off, not successful.  It anything, it brought more attention to it because the paper towels left white fluff on my black pants!

I hope no one looked in the general direction of my butt this afternoon.  Luckily, I don't too easily get embarrassed; I have a tendency to do things like this often!  Like remember this? Or, said posts linked above?  Yes, I'm an idiot.

Update: I just posted this less than an hour ago.  Shortly after I published it, I realized my  fly was down the whole time I wrote this.  Ironic?  Yes.  Further justification I am an idiot? Yes.

2 comments:

Erin said...

This post seriously made me laugh out loud.

Beth said...

Happy to provide entertainment!