Monday, September 27, 2010

A Rainy September Day

I meant to post this yesterday on our actual first anniversary, but I was too busy enjoying the day with my hubby, so I'll share today!

I married my one and on a rainy September day in 2009.  Everyone kept telling me that the rain meant we'd have a long and happy marriage or some crap like that.  I said that it's just what they tell you to make you feel better about it.  What I really think is, gee, thanks.  If it had been sunny would it have not been a long and happy marriage?

The day was everything I'd imaged it to be.  As a planner, it was quite unusual that I was a go with the flow kind of girl for the wedding, but that was intentional on my part!  I know myself too well!  I knew that if I had a detailed plan in place, like part of me yearned to do, that if anything went awry I'd be upset about it.  So, I didn't plan in out to every detail.  I let things just occur, and I loved it!  My expectations were exceeded, everything went smoothly, and we had a great photographer to capture the moments with!  

Our photographer, who has become our photographer of choice, blogs over at Perception Studio: Custom Photography.  Shortly after our wedding she blogged about us!  You can check it out here!

I love that our photographer is young and passionate about what she's doing!  And I love being able to support someone who's basically my age running their own studio!  The fact that she's a horse lover is an added bonus as I myself am a country girl who loves cows!

1 comment:

Julia Ladewski said...

happy anniversary!! never heard that about rainy wedding days. here's to more happy years to come!!