Friday, July 16, 2010

2010 Summer Vacation Day 1

We hit the road about 11:00 Friday morning after finishing getting everyone ready and the car loaded.  We made a quick stop at the bank and Giant Eagle, then we were on our way!  (Giant Eagle sells discount tickets to Idlewild Park for a good deal!) 

We drove straight through to our hotel, in small PA town about a half hour drive some Idlewild Park.  The kids did SURPRISINGLY well on the 3-ish hour drive out here!  I was impressed and very proud of them!  I didn't have high expectations after our trip to Buffalo earlier this year

When I say small town, there wasn't much of anything to do with the kiddos once we got here!  I had planned on spending the evening in the hotel's indoor pool with them after the car ride, but it turns out, our hotel pool is pretty gross.  So is the gym.  The a/c units are all broken in the gym, so I was sweating just standing in there, and the one and only treadmill was "out of order." So that was a bust.  At least our room was tolerable!  (I booked the room the night before we left on vacation.  I really put off scheduleing this one, and I think I've learned my lesson!)

Luckily, with the help of an awesome friend of mine, we were able to find a mall about 20-30 minutes away to go spend the evening and find some dinner!  Since it was raining finding a park to play at was out of the question!  The good news is that we found the boys new sandals they've been needing, and hubby a pair of swim trunks since he failed to pack his own!  Plus I found a new pair of jeans for $7!

Now, we're relaxing at the hotel while the boys watch Monsters Inc. before heading to bed early before our day at Idlewild Park!

I'm posting day one today, but the rest of the days will have to wait!  I failed to bring our camera cord with us to update with photos!  Today, we took no pictures.

No comments: