Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Elinore's Two Month Check-up & Flu Shots

Caden, Caleb and I took Elinore in for her two-month check-up this morning. 

We were seeing the nurse practitioner today instead of our regular pediatrician, and I really liked her.  Elinore checked out well and is growing right on track in about the 15th percentile for her height and weight.  You are growing!

She weighed in at 10 lbs. 8 oz.  She's 22 1/4 inches long. 

She cried through her vaccinations, all 3 of them.  She was experienced with the oral medication, so she did well with that one!  Afterwards it took some time to calm her back down, and after her screaming slowed to a whimper I nursed her, and she went right to sleep. 

You'll find me snuggled with my baby the rest of the day from those tears and shots.  I think she's doing just fine though after a long nap and another nursing session, she's full of normal smiles and wiggling all over the blanket next to me!  That sure makes it easier on mommy!

While we were there they also had this year's flu vaccinations in and recommended them for everyone else in the house since Elinore isn't old enough for one.  Since today was an off day for kindergarten with the boys, they were with me, so they had their flu shots today too.

Caden was able to have the mist so he was happy. 

Caleb on the other hand required the shot.  Since he had an inhaler and some respiratory illness this spring he wasn't able to have the mist.  He was not so happy with me.  As they were listening to us talk, I started getting some not so nice looks from the boys about vaccinations.  When I told Caleb needed a shot today he was upset. 



The boys asked if they needed shots like Elinore on our way to the doctor's office.  I said no.  While that turned out to be a bit of a lie, I think it helped Caleb not having to think about it and get really anxious for it.  We made sure he was first so he didn't have to worry about it for too long.  I held his hands and it was over so quickly.  He felt much better about it afterwards and was right back to normal!

No comments: