Friday, September 28, 2012

Perspective

With this week marking my return to work, my husband offered some perspective that made it easier; don't get me wrong, it was still hard. 

As we were talking about my return to work the day before, he provided some things to think about I hadn't really considered. 

I was sharing how sometimes I thought I was selfish for wanting more money for our family and things when I could be cutting way back and spending my days with my kids.  While I would love to, Keith made the point that the money I bring in helps us to have opportunities not only now, but for the future.

My additional income allows for us to plan to help our children pay for college, which is something important to me.  It helps us save for retirement.  It provides us additional security and savings we wouldn't be able to afford without me working.  

Seeing how having too little money later in life can impact families I'm more confident in my choice to go back to work. 

And helping our kids through college is something I find very important too, and me working will give us more options to help them. 

I've prayed a lot about returning to work, and I have faith we're making a good choice. 

No comments: