Thursday, September 27, 2012

Returning to Work

As I return to work today, I want to reflect more on some things about myself. 

I've grown in my faith during my maternity leave, but it's something I hope to continue to grow once I return to work, but it will be harder.

I've realized I don't always like who I am when I'm working.  I've not always carried the best attitude with me about work.  It's easy to get frustrated and angry with the days happenings and tasks, and I let them bring me down.  I can get caught up in the complaining and gossip.  It's time that can certainly be better focused and more positive.

As I return to work, my goal is to like who i am at work too, and that will mean making some changes, mostly to my attitude.  

The other thing about returning to work will be keeping up with my household chores and focusing on the kids before their bedtime.  It's easy to be tired and cranky when i get home from work, but I need to make my drive home about letting go of work and focusing on family time to make that time of higher quality.  That limited time with my kids is precious and I don't want to waste it being grumpy and tired from work. 

I know I'll have days where tiredness, complaining and grumpiness will get the best of me, but I want to do better.  I've seen how good it can be now that I've spent 12 weeks at home, so why should my attitude and dedication change because I'm working again?  The simple point, it shouldn't.  I can change my attitude, and I plan to do just that. 

No comments: