Monday, February 06, 2012

Skunk

Last night, I headed into our bedroom for the night and couldn't place the strange smell that was in the room, sow what's the first thing I do?  Yell across the house for Keith to come to the bedroom. 

He comes in, and I ask if he smells something funny.  At first he doesn't, but to my surprise sits down on the bed with me anyway and after sitting there a few minutes, admits that he smells it to.  He stands up and walks around the room again and says, it's skunk.  As soon as he says it, I recognize it too. 

The dog had just come inside and so he immediately starts smelling her, while I start praying that it is not the dog while thinking, it can't be the dog, it would smell much worse in here if it were the dog.

Thankfully, it was not the dog.  It was just from outside.  This is the second time we've smelled them in our area recently.  I hope it isn't making a home in our yard.  I think it is a result of the unusually warm winter we've been having. 

I also said a prayer last night that it wasn't the neighbors dog either.  I hope that's the case.

Although, trying to fall asleep to the faint smell of skunk is something I'd prefer to not do again. 

No comments: