Friday, May 29, 2015

Rhinestone Jesus

RhinestoneJesus_foreword_1
 
This book sat in my Amazon wishlist for awhile.  I was excited about reading it, ordered it, then it came and I read the back cover or something and was hesitant.  I wasn't sure I still really wanted to read this.
 
Then I opened the cover.  I never should have second guessed me choice in this book.
 
This book was moving, powerful, inspring and beautiful. 

As I read through this book, I cried, I smiled and I thought about my life and my family's life and how we could do more for Christ. 

I kept my pen handy and underlined and wrote notes in the margins. 

I shared tidbits of the book with my family around the dinner table.  The conversations were not quite as I expected, but it's a deeper conversation than we've done in the past and I realize people need time to process.  Our kids are young! 

I don't have the words to describe the impact this book has had on me, it is something that needs to be read.

This will be my go to book reccomendation for friends for awhile at least.  It is worth the read.  (Plus I want someone to talk to about this book more!)

 

No comments: