Friday, April 19, 2013

Belle

When we added Belle to our family back in 2010, we had great intentions of her being a good family dog, but Belle has never gotten along real well with Caden and Caleb.  We thinking they may have been to rough with her early on and they never bonded real well.  Caden still is too rough for her liking and she growls at him, and Caleb isn't real interested in any of our pets most of the time. 

Belle quickly became my dog.  She slept with me on my side of the bed, she snuggeled with me and she listened better for me. 

Then I got pregnant.  We were still bud for awhile, but she started to annoy me in the bed.  Sleeping between my legs was no longer an option while I was struggling to get comfortable.  She started getting kicked around in the bed more. 

When Elinore arrived, Belle quickly saw a decline in the attention she got.  The boys had moved on and she still wasn't interested in them.  Keith and I were busy with the kids, the house, and more.  She was jealous. 

Now Elinore loves Belle.  She keeps an eye on her and pets her, and by pets, I really mean she pulls her hair.  And for the most part, Belle just sits there and lets it happen. 

I think Elinore and Belle will be the best of friends.


No comments: