Monday, June 21, 2010

Official Road Apple Resutls

Not too long ago, I ran my first 5K.  It was full of adventures and fun, and I will definitely be running another!  I looked online this morning and saw the final results posted! 

"In conjunction with the sixth annual Holmes County Rails-to-Trail Benefit Auction the Holmes County Park District hosted the annual Road Apple 5K and Fitness Walk on Saturday, June 12th with record breaking numbers participating.

The event kicked off day long festivities at the Hipp Station Depot in Millersburg adjacent to the Holmes County Trail.  All proceeds from the race benefit the Holmes County Trail Coalition and support the maintenance and development of the Holmes County Trail.

With 25 walkers and 117 runners competing Saturday morning, Randy Rufener crossed the finish line first with a time of 19:22.  Marilyn Hershberger was the first female to finish with a time of 21:39. "

My final time was 29:32.8!  My goal was to finish in under 30, and I did it!  I was the 67th finisher.




On another note, I know I have some blogging to catch up on in what we've been up to!  And I have a BIG Thank You to send out to Allie for the blog award!  We've a busy week ahead, and I'm preparing to fly to Baltimore this weekend to head off to Washington D.C. to spend the weekend with my awesome college friend Clarie!

No comments: