Thursday, April 26, 2012

Week 30 Day 3

I had a realization this morning why I'm so cranky every morning.

I wake up irritated that my sleep is changing again. 

Once I get comfortable in bed at night, sleep isn't too hard to come by.  Usually that's because it is later than it should be.  Although, I have been trying to get to bed earlier.  Things go really well usually until somewhere around 3 or 4 in the morning. 

Then the tossing and turning starts.

Generally I think I awake because I need to pee, of course.  Sometimes I do it right away, and sometimes I have to talk myself into getting up to go.  

Once I go the bathroom, I can't seem to fall back asleep into the same restfulness.  As I usually spend the rest of the early morning tossing and turning, which leads me waking up cranky as I haven't slept well for the bast couple hours.

At least now I'm aware and can start to change my attitude about it, because I doubt the sleeping situation is going to improve anytime soon!

No comments: