Thursday, April 08, 2010

My Pillow Dilema

Last night, my hubby decided that he no longer liked the pillowS on our bed.  He insisted on needing a larger pillow, but since I nearly always go to bed before him, I left him figure it out for himself.  He used our pillows with shams on them that ever so nicely match the comforter.  Usually, they sit on the end of the bed during the night.  So for a night, alright, I can live with that, but on a regular basis, he can't use those pillows!

So here is the dilemma.  We no longer agree on the type of pillows we like to use to sleep.  Who cares right?  WRONG.  All pillows on our beds have to match.  His pillow and my pillow HAVE to be the same!  They can't just be the same size, they have to be exactly the same, bought from the same store, at the same time.  All pillow in my house have perfect matches on the bed with them.  Or did, I should say.  A few weeks ago when the flu hit our house, we had a pillow casualty!

So hubby wants to know why he can't just use the pillow sham covered pillow.  My response is almost immediately "How could you even think of doing that!?"  What if you drool, or get sick, or something happens to it?  Then that pillow sham has to be washed.  THEN what if it fades different than the matching bedspread?  We can't have them not matching!

Now I have to talk myself into finding another pillow case that matches and allowing it to be a 5th pillow on our bed as an accent on top for him to use as night.  Now I'm worried about finding a pillow case that will match and continue to tie the room together.  We just redid the bedroom and made all these decisions about what to do with it, we can't mess it up now!



If only it were just the pillows I were so particular about!

2 comments:

Mariah said...

Well, someone has the OCD bug. LOL. Ok I admit it. I'm the same way, I just dare not tell anyone...but I guess I just did.

Beth said...

I can be VERY OCD! At least I'm not the only one!