Friday, April 16, 2010

The day I peed myself at work.

During the summer before my senior year of college, I was interning for an amazing company.  (It happens to be the same company both my hubby and I work for now.) For some reason though, this day, I had been busy or distracted and forgot to pee during the afternoon.  It was around 4:30 in the afternoon, I left at 5:00, when I realized how badly I needed to go!  So I hurried to the bathroom.

This day, I happened to be wearing a nice black pencil skirt and my favorite thong.   Every other time I'd used the restroom that day, I pulled up my shirt, undid my belt, undid the hooks and buttons, undid the zipper and pulled my pants and thong down.  Well this time I had to go REALLY bad.  And I thought to myself, what the heck have I been doing all day!?  It's a skirt, I can just pull it up!

So in the rush that I was in to relieve myself, I pulled up my skirt sat down and started to pee.

Mid pee, I had my "OH SHIT" moment.

I had forgotten to take my thong down.

Of course I left them on and finished peeing before laughing at my self.  Then I started wondering what in the world I was going to do.  My options:
  • Option 1: I can throw my undies away.  Concern:  It's my favorite thong, and who wants to see someone's underwear lying in the trash can at work!?
  • Option 2: I could wash them/dry them out in the sink.  Concern:  What if someone else walk into the bathroom and sees me washing out my thong in the sink!?
  • Option 3: Wear them, knowing I have a clean change of underwear in my car.  Concern: What if I smell like piss!?
I picked option 3.  I used some toilet paper to dry them up, and on I went with the last half hour of the day, planning to change them as soon as I got to my car.

Well, wouldn't you just know that it just so happened to be the first night my now husband ever asked me to do anything after work, and he walked me to my car!  (You can read about how I met my hubby here.)  My next thought was that I could change them when I got there.  But no, he was standing at my car waiting for me.  What was I supposed to do, reach into my bag in the backseat and shove undies in my tiny purse to carry into a bar to change with him standing there?  And if I did, again, what would I do with the dirty undies!?

So I sat outside in the hot sun with several coworkers and my now hubby with piss covered undies for a hour or two, hoping to find an early excuse to leave!  Of course, we ended up leaving at the same time, and he walked me to my car, killing another opportunity for me to get clean underwear on.  I'm getting fairly self-conscious at this point, but my next stop was my friend Allison's apartment 40 minutes away.  You'd better believe the second I parked in her parking lot I changed my undies!

7 comments:

Sarahviz said...

THAT is hilarious!

Erin said...

OMG..I love this story!!! Thanks for the laughs this early in the morning :-)

Amy said...

omg that is SOOOO something I would do.

Sarita Li said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... That is a funny story. Just made my night. :)

Beth said...

Glad I could entertain!

Suz said...

Awesome topped with laughter - thanks for sharing your story - just awesome!

Beth said...

One of the things that makes me happies is making other people laugh, so I think this was a success!