Sunday, December 04, 2011

Prenatal Appointment #1 - Week 9


We had our first doctor's appointment on Friday.  I was pretty anxious about going, but everything went very well.  Except for me peeing in the cup.  For some reason, I did not have to pee...at all.  It took two tries and a glass of water from the drinking fountain to get the smallest amount ever.  Note to self for next appointment, drink lots of water prior to the appointment!

We had our first ultra sound and saw the heartbeat on the screen.  I was 9 weeks 4 days at the time and the baby was measuring right at 9 weeks.  Our due date is set for July 2. 

We feel much better after our first appointment, luckily Daddy was able to be there with us. 

It still doesn't seem real yet.  We are starting to talk about it more, and that is making it more realistic.  I'm sure once we tell our families at Christmas, we'll be comfortable with the idea.  Tomorrow, we're going to take our first belly picture, as long as I remember anyway!  I'm not showing yet, and I haven't gained any weight, but I'm sure that will change soon!

No comments: