Skip to main content

Pollyanna

Over the long weekend, we sat down as a family and watched my favorite childhood movie, Pollyanna.


I remember renting this VHS from the local video store numerous times during my childhood, until my mom finally broke down and bought the VHS for me. 

I haven't seen the movie in years, but a few weeks ago we watched Swiss Family Robinson and I recognized the youngest son as the boy from Pollyanna, and the itch to show this movie to my kids and husband started. 

I remember a lot of things about the movie that happened, but I looked at it differently now as a Christian adult.  This movie has a seriously powerful message in it. 

This town is fully of unhappy people and the town is run by a single lady, who's incredibly opinionated and close  minded.  Then her niece, Pollyanna, comes to live with her after her parents die.  Pollyanna brings the glad game with her; the games is coming up with something to be glad about regardless of the situation.  She runs all over town sharing her happiness and visiting with people, and eventually the whole town changes into a happy place.  She charms the town.

It's a reminder that you never know how far your smile will go when you are out and how powerful your kind words are. 

"It's your hears, not the dictionary, that gives meaning to your words."  Matthew 12:34 (The Message)
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Are More Than You Know

I just finished this book. It was a good read, and I think for the right person incredibly helpful and insightful.I personally don't feel like I live my life in fear or controlled by fear too often, occasionally yes, but not regularly.  (Maybe I'm in denial?!)  This books focused on overcoming fear with faith, which is an excellent message."At this juncture of my life I'm not convinced normal is an obtainable or even desirable goal, but embracing our God-given uniqueness is. In fact, it's an adventure that leads us to embracing that we are more than we know because the Lord is greater - far greater - than we can ever imagine." -Patsy Clairmont

Uh oh!

Ruth has started saying Uh Oh now!  She started it at the sitter's yesterday and continued through the evening!  I'm hoping it's the gateway to more words for her!  Currently her vocabulary is lots of sounds, mom and uh oh.

Do you have allergies?

Every time someone has sneezed over the weekend, Elinore asks "do you have allergies?"

Clearly she's learned about allergy season somewhere and is concerned about others and their allergies now.

It's cute.