Wednesday, February 18, 2015

let's all be brave.






I finished reading let's all be brave. by Annie F. Downs today.  It was good read.  The biggest take away for me was that we don't have to think braveness in terms of the big picture end goal.  We just have to be brave and take the next step on the road to where God is leading us.  One brave step at a time will lead us where God wants us, and that end goal won't seem so unattainable once you taken the other steps. 

The other point that is sticking with me is what bravery looks like.  Sometimes it looks like say yes, sometimes it looks like saying no, and I think sometimes it looks like waiting and doing the best you can at where you now. 

One more point she made in the book that is so true, and I've seen happen is the domino effect.  If one steps out in bravery, more are likely to follow.  That can change things; that can change the world. 

At one point in the book this song popped into my head ans has been sticking with me.  Courageous, by Casting Crowns.


No comments: