Skip to main content

21 Day Fix - Complete

About 3 weeks ago I wrote about starting the 21 Day Fix.  Sunday, I finished it.  I didn't miss a single workout.  The workouts definitely got better as I progressed through and I have my favorites and  ones I dislike for sure! 

I don't have a great estimation of what it did for my weight.  After part way through the first week, I checked in at 170, which is 2 lbs. higher than where I started.  Then my scale died.  And I don't mean needed new batteries died, I mean was dead.  So I bought a new one.  This one is mechanical, so no batteries needed!  It may not be as exact, but it's close, and weight isn't something I want to obsess over, so that is a good fit for me.  So finishing the program on that scale I'm coming in about 164-165, which means I probably did loose a few pounds during the program.  The scale doesn't really bother me too much, it's more my pants fitting again, and we're not there yet.

I do feel like the workouts are helping though, I didn't measure inches, and probably won't, but I think there would be some results there is some places.  I hope anyway! 

I've always felt better when I've  been working out, and this was no exception there.  I like the short 30 minute session and I love the clock countdown on the screen!  The Dirty 30 and Upper Fix are probably my two favorite workouts.  Although I do like the Pilates too.  Cardio stinks, and Mondays, or Total Body Cardio, is rough.  Mondays are tough though I think more from a mental standpoint for me.  I struggle mentally through this one every time. 

Well, to avoid having to buy new pants before I go back to work again, or an attempt anyway, yesterday I started the program again.  This will take me up until the week I go back to work.  At that point I'll decide what to do next. 

I'm still not following the eating plan, and I certainly have room for improvement there.  The first week and a half I did well at improving my eating at least, but it slumped again the last half.  I'll keep trying here.  I'm so hungry though with breastfeeding, so if I have baked goods in the house, I'm doomed.  Currently there is a cake Caden made, cookie brownie's he made, cookies my mom made, and a couple donuts left from the trip to the bakery after the ER for Elinore yesterday.  So there is certainly a will power challenge here.  So far today, I'm failing it.  I can turn that around any moment though! 


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Are More Than You Know

I just finished this book. It was a good read, and I think for the right person incredibly helpful and insightful.I personally don't feel like I live my life in fear or controlled by fear too often, occasionally yes, but not regularly.  (Maybe I'm in denial?!)  This books focused on overcoming fear with faith, which is an excellent message."At this juncture of my life I'm not convinced normal is an obtainable or even desirable goal, but embracing our God-given uniqueness is. In fact, it's an adventure that leads us to embracing that we are more than we know because the Lord is greater - far greater - than we can ever imagine." -Patsy Clairmont

Uh oh!

Ruth has started saying Uh Oh now!  She started it at the sitter's yesterday and continued through the evening!  I'm hoping it's the gateway to more words for her!  Currently her vocabulary is lots of sounds, mom and uh oh.

Do you have allergies?

Every time someone has sneezed over the weekend, Elinore asks "do you have allergies?"

Clearly she's learned about allergy season somewhere and is concerned about others and their allergies now.

It's cute.