Saturday, August 11, 2012

Working Out

I've missed working out. Since Ellie was about two weeks old I've been itching to start working out again with some serious workouts.  I set a goal to run a 5K yet this year, and I'm itching to get back into it.  However, I am starting slowly.  I'm trying to get out a few times a week now for a walk.  Caleb likes to ride his bike, Caden walks along with me while I push Ellie in the stroller and hold onto Belle's leash.  I'm increasing my mileage walking and hope to transition to some running once we get into more of a schedule and I don't have the whole crew with me!  I can't imagine running with all of them.  There's always the treadmill I can start on too when Ellie's napping. 

I've missed working out for awhile now, but have been choosing carefully my activities while pregnant and now while I'm recovering still.  I wish I could say things felt normal again, but I'm sill not comfortable yet from delivery.

I think some of my desire to work out comes from the lack of it that has been in my routine as prior to pregnancy, I was so used to regular runs, kickboxing classes and workouts.  I also think a big part of it comes from my post-baby body image. 

Every time we're going somewhere, which hasn't been too often thankfully, I struggle to find clothes that a: fit and b: would be easy to breastfeed in.  I haven't worn a pair of pants, other than sweats and pjs, in months.  Once I outgrew my regular pants, I never wore maternity pants and just wore dresses.  So what fits me now is all dresses, which are not nursing friendly. 

My regular pants don't fit yet, and I can't WAIT until they do.  I have a few skirts that fit and have some pj pants I've been pulling off as regular pants to wear when we go out for now.  I hate to have to buy something when I have no intention of needing it long term, but it's also a real pain to wash the same skirt all the time so it's clean to wear!  I did buy some new tops that I figure I'll be able to wear for a longer time, but the pants is still an issue.

Talk about a mood killer every time you have to get dressed.

To top that off, the boys tell me good night "big mama."  They're interpreting it as cool because now their big brothers, so now I must be a big mama; however, I did not catch onto that the first time and it took me awhile to think through it!  I haven't said anything to the boys about it; I'm letting them have their fun.  As long as it's staying to our house at bedtimes, I'm alright with it.  The day it goes outside this house though, we might have a little talk about it!

I know it's only been a month.  I know I have time, and working out will help.  I'm eating healthily and hoping to see some progress in the next two months.

No comments: