Tuesday, August 07, 2012

One Month Review - Elinore

I took Elinore's one month photo last week, but hadn't say down yet to write about her first month, which I have wanted to do.  Here goes!

Ellie:

You're still wearing newborn diapers and clothes.

We're still breastfeeding, and you're doing so well!  It's been a learning curve for both of us, but it's gone smoothly for us.  This makes for one happy mama!

You go through 12 diapers a day on average.  You get the hiccups several times a day, and you spit up with them and many other times a day too.  You are a gassy baby and we spend a lot of time burping you or getting you to fart. 

Every once in awhile, you snort.  I love it!  Daddy says you get that from me. 

You've made a lot of progress in your ability to hold your head up and look around.  You've even rolled from you tummy to your back about half a dozen times. 

You are letting Mommy get 5-6 hour stretches of sleep at night, regularly. 

You like car rides and walks in your stroller.  You like to walk around with someone holding you, preferably mommy or daddy.  At night, when you're particularly fussy, it is one of our best tricks to calm you down.  Daddy is best at putting you to sleep at night.

We love all the little grunting noises you make all day long, and at night too.  It's one of our favorite things about you at this point!

Your big brothers are so in love with you.  They're always asking about you and looking out for you.  They're making sure you're being taken care of up to their standards and want to help out.  I could ask them to do dishes and they'd complain, but that rarely, if ever, complain when I ask them to get me a diaper or anything for you.  Although they may moan more if it involves too much bodily fluid for them!

That first week or two, I couldn't imagine you growing up, and the thought of it made me cry.  I didn't know how I was going to handle you growing like your big brothers, but now that we're a month into it, I love watching you grow and learn.  You've grown a lot, we'll find out officially tomorrow at your one month appointment.  You're constantly learning, and I love when you hold your head up and look at me now. 

I've learned so much about you in your first month, but I've learned a lot about myself and our family too.  I can't wait to see what we all learn about ourselves and each other in the next month of your life.  I've settled into looking forward to you growing up instead of in fear, although I certainly hope it doesn't go too quickly!

Love,

Mom

Taken August 2, 2012

No comments: