Friday, December 10, 2010

Understanding

I had lunch last week with a leader from the division I work in.  I reached out to her to talk about the division and get a different perspective than those I work with on a more regular basis. 

Well instead, we ended up talking about our kiddos.  She is divorced, and had some experience that were easier for me to relate to. It doesn't often happen that there's someone who'll listen and somewhat understand what we've been through and the worries we carry in the back of our minds.

I really appreciate when people open up and share and talk with me about it.  It's so wonderful to know I'm not the only one with these struggles.  I hope to have lunch with her again, and perhaps even talk about work things too (as that was my original intent)!

No comments: