Monday, May 03, 2010

Every Time I do a D&C I Think of You

I went in for my yearly OBGYN visit recently.  It was sort of an unusual visit as it was my visit after my blighted ovum experience. As I'm laying there, covered in a thin sheet and a silly piece of paper I always manage to tear, my doctor shares with me that every time she's done a D&C since my first one, she thinks of me.  She said she didn't want to pull another "Bethany."  With my feet still in the stirrups and still so *comfortable* in my state of attire, I just kind of nodded.  How do you respond to that?  I'm glad my not so wonderful experience taught you something?  I'm glad I could be your guinea pig?  Thank you for doing it better the second time?  All these things floating in my head, and I just nod hoping I'll be able to be dressed again soon, and that we could have just stayed on our Twilight Saga small talk!

It was a strange experience, and definitely something I'm not interested in repeating, but I am in no way angry at my doctor.  I still think she's basically awesome, and was glad to have her along on the ride with us through out experience.  I just find humor in the conversations that happen with your legs in the stirrups!

2 comments:

Mariah said...

Ugh, dont remind me about "legs in stirrups" stories. My doc is a man and he loves small talk. Need I say more???

Beth said...

The things that are discussed in those awkward moments...!