Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Giving for a Cause

Twice in my life thus far, I have donated to my hair to an organization such as Locks of Love.  To be honest, I can't tell you what similar organizations my hair went to either time I've done it, but I do know that it went to a good cause.  

The first time I donated my hair, I was a senior in college.  I participated in our Relay for Life events at on campus, and that year our planning team organized a mass hair donation evening for anyone on campus who was interested.  MANY people signed up, and I had a late night evening around midnight I think for my hair to be cut off at the saloon across the street from campus.  I LOVED my long hair, and I was quite anxious for it to be cut off!


The second time I donated my hair was about 7 months ago the week after we'd come home from our honeymoon!  I donated at the local place in town, where I take the boys regularly for their hair cuts.  I also get my hair trimmed up there now bi-annually.  The boys were with me when I donated the second time, and it was a great opportunity to share a story of giving with them.

On our honeymoon, prior to donation.

Post hair donation.

2 comments:

Erin said...

You are awesome...and have such beautiful hair short or long!

Beth said...

Thank you! I love my long hair! It takes some getting used to short. I always start growing it out right away again! Been growing for 9 months now!