Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dairy Princess

I was once, no twice my county's dairy princess runner-up.

Warning: You're about to see me, in some of my wonderful high school glory hell!


 Wayne County Dairy Junior Dairy Princess Runner-up

Wayne County Dairy Princess Runner-up

How does someone become a dairy princess you ask?  I grew up showing dairy cows and my parents own their own business in the industry.  Due to my involvement in the industry, I had the opportunity to "compete" to be the county dairy princess.  I completed an application and gave a speech relating to the dairy industry. 

What does a dairy princess do?  Well, I made a few appearances at local farm shows and tours with my sash and promoted the industry.  I was in a parade to celebrate our town.  And a few activities and appearances at the dairy shows and the county fair to assist with handing out awards and such!

Agriculture and the dairy industry can really become a part of you.  I always wanted a career in agriculture; it is a passion of mine, and now I am insuring farms and commercial agribusiness continuing my dedication to the industry!

2 comments:

Erin said...

You are and were adorable! Dairy Princess...good thing it's not called the Dairy Queen!

Beth said...

Oh don't worry, the slight play on name from princess to queen didn't stop my friends from the jokes!