Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Bottle

Elinore:

You had your first bottle today.

I had an appointment to go to, so you were staying home with Daddy, and with my return to working coming up in 4 weeks, we decided it was time you had a bottle. 

I was running late to get out the door as usual, and you were already crying because you were hungry.  It was very hard for Mommy to walk out the door and let Daddy tackle this one.  I hate hearing your cry, especially when I know it's something I can easily fix. 

Knowing you're in your father's very capable hands certainly helped though.  I think you Daddy was excited about getting to feed you for the first time.  There was some extra cheer in his voice as he hurried around the kitchen preparing your bottle as I was heading out. 

I cried as I left, but I swear I'd just left and Daddy was calling me to tell me how it went.

Daddy said you took to it right away and ate 2 oz. in about 5 minutes and promptly went to sleep. 

I'm so glad the transition was easy for you.  I hope it continues to be for you as you adjust to breast and bottle feeding. 

Mama's so happy with you Elinore.

Love,

Mom

No comments: