Monday, May 13, 2013

Caleb - 7 Years

Dear Caleb,

You're seven now, SEVEN!

I can't believe how grown you are at 7; don't get me wrong you have a lot more growing to do in faith and knowledge and body, but you are wonderful just as you are.

You are doing very well in kindergarten from what I see.  You picked up your letters wonderfully and are really getting the hang of putting words together and reading simple words. 

You are motivated by things you want, dessert certainly is one of them!  You do enjoy your candy. You are easily motivated to do something if you want the offered reward. 

I can see you wanting to fit in at school with the other boys in your class.  I remember those feelings growing up and I so want you to know that it's okay to be who you are without stress of acceptance from those people.  You will find your people.  And I will love you and support you always. 

You have been attending ROCK Group at church, swim lessons and baseball.  You like ROCK and baseball, even if Daddy strongly encouraged you to play baseball again with an ice cream incentive.  Swim lessons your are less comfortable with, but you warm up to it much faster than before!

You are very hesitant to try new things and have a fear of a many things.  If it doesn't fit in your box, it's hard to get you to be interested in or try it.  Your daddy and I encourage you to try something first before you make up your mind.  Although, often times I can see that you've already made up your mind so when you try something it's a much harder sell!

Some of your favorite things to do include playing with your tablet, dress up and going outside.  You love watching cartoons and America's Funniest Home Videos. 

You are constantly making sure everyone around you is following the rules.  You make sure everyone knows if they step out of line.  You are constantly lettings us know what your brother is up to, even if you're in the same boat.  You are a little rule follower, and that’s perfectly fine; I'm a consistent rule follower too!

You love your brother and help him out with things sometimes and give him reminders.  (Thanks for helping me remember too!)

You are an excellent big brother to your little sister Elinore.  She loves and adores you.  You are patient with her, interested in what she's doing and learning and protective of her too.  It melts my heart daily to see the bond between you and your siblings grow, especially as you've grown with the introduction of Elinore into our family!

I'm looking forward to watching your grow learn and develop over the next year as we move towards 8.  EIGHT!

Caleb, I will love you always.

Mom

No comments: