Friday, January 04, 2013

Elinore - 6 Month Review

Dear Elinore,

I can't believe it's been 6 months that you've been a part of our family!  You have been welcomed with open arms and showered with love. 

We've been busy with the holidays, and I haven't spent as much time documenting our lives, but that ends now with what I'm sure will be a lengthy post about your first 6 months!

It's probably been over a month ago now that we moved you into size 2 diapers.  In fact, it was right around the time I wrote your last update at 20 weeks.  You're 27 weeks old now!

You're slowly transitioning out of your 3 months clothing and into 3-6 and 6 month clothing.  You still have a few pieces of newborn/0-3 month things you wear too.  You still fit nearly all of the 3 month clothing though, and we're in no hurry, but the larger clothes don't look so incredibly big on your anymore.  It just means we have a wider selection to choose from when you get dressed.  (It also means mommy can put off doing laundry longer because you have more clothes to choose from!) 

You've mastered rolling over.  You roll all over the floors in the house!  You know how to roll to get what you want, unless you think someone will get it for you. 

You are increasingly interested in toys. Your Great Aunt Linda and Great Uncle Donnie gave you a plasitc singing dancing money in the jungle toy for Christmas that you like to play with. You have rattles and crunchy books that make noise that you like a lot too. You have a few stuffed animals, but none you are too interested in yet.

Speaking of Christmas, you had your first Christmas this past month! You mostly just wanted to eat the wrapping paper though.

You've consistently started spacing out your feedings longer.  You'll go 3 hours on average.  You've probably been doing it for awhile at the sitters and I just haven't noticed as much since you're not with me all the time, but since I've been off work more with the holidays it brought your slight schedule chagnes to my attention. 

You are very interested in your toys.  You like keys and books that crinkle.  You like the noise and will follow with your eyes where things go when you let go of them now. 

You are still a very happy baby, unless you're hungry.  You always let us know when you're hungry.  You can get cranky when you're tired too. 

You're still eating an average of 6 times a day, and you're sleeping through the night usually between 7 and 9 hours a night!  We had you going to be fairly consistently between 8 and 9, but the holidays have destroyed that routine and so we've been a bit later lately, but I think we'll get back on track now. 

You aren't the best napper, you are still very good at the 30-45 minute nap and every few days it seems you'll take a longer nap, but we never know when that will be. I don't mind the napping routine, or lack there of, you have. It's more time we get to spend playing, talking and snuggling with you. We're a busy on the go family, so your flexibility is welcome. Plus you sleep though the night! I think we all function better when we're sleeping through the night.
You are usually a happy camper for bathtime. Daddy seems to give you most of the baths, and I hear you kicking around and playing in there with him.

You are fascinated by animals. If Belle is around you keep an eye on her, and if she's close enough you reach out for her and pull her hair some. Belle is patient with you and lets you pull her hair, but you do get kicked occasionally when we're at the wrong spot next to the dog. You take it right in stride though! Otis has come around some lately too and you'll watch her closely too. You really enjoy sitting on someone's lap while they throw Belle toy for her. You watch her run away and come back and laugh and smile all the while! We've spent some time at grandma's house and you watch Casey they same way. Casey likes to come lick you and you just sit there like it's not a problem at all. We on the other hand shudder as that big black lab slobbers up your face!
You enjoy watching your brothers play. When I drop you three off at the sitters in the morning you're usually too interested watching what they're doing with hteir friends to look at me when I leave. I'm glad you're happy there though, so I don't mind.

I'm still coming to visit you at the sitters at lunch time to nurse and I love the break in the day and the snuggles with you. More often than not you're sleeping when I arrive. While I hate having to wake you, I enjoy the sleepy snuggles I get when I pick up you to wake you.

In church everyone Sunday nearly eveyone comments on how they love seeing you grow every week or what a pleasure it is to hear you giggle or squeal during the service, and sometimes cry too. Several people stop to see you after the service and smile at you. I hope you grow to love our church as we do. Our church family sure loves you!

You've become very fascinated with faces.  If someone's holding you you like to use your hands to feel around their face.  Grandma Nancy says you leave fingerprints on her glasses after she holds you.  You like to try to stick your fingers in my mouth and pull my hair.  You love to play with and eat my hair!

Elinore, we are so in love with you. You smiles, giggles and even your crys always brigten my day. You're 6 months old and there are so many exciting things to come, but we're savoring one day at a time with you and loving every minute!

Love,

Mom

No comments: