Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Nutcracker

The first weekend or so in December, I took Caden and Caleb to see the Nutcracker for the first time. 

I had thoguht about taking them a couples times, but I didn't think they'd be interested in it.  Then Caden asked if we could see it, and I jumped at the opportunity! 

One of their freinds from ROCK Group at the church was dancing in the ballet and had got them interested. 

They asked Friday night, so I looked up when the performances were.  I'd seen signs around town, so I knew they were having it this year.  As I looked it up, I learned they only do a Nutcracker production on even numbered years, and it just so happens to be 2012!  I was hoping to get to the local showing as I knew it'd be cheaper and easier to manage with the baby at home. 

Wouldn't you know the performances were only that weekend?  So we made plans for the Sunday matinee performance.  After church and lunch, the boys and I were off to the show! 

Caden sat on the edge of his seat for most of the show!  He loved it!  Caleb watching for about a half hour before he lost interested and slumped back in his chair.  Most of the second half he was asking when he could go home and play.

When asked if they'd go again, Caleb said no.  Caden wavered and told different people different answers.  His reasoning for not wanting to go again though was because it was too long.  He certainly enjoyed the perforamnce though!

No comments: