While I was showing this morning, Elinore found markers the boys had left on the kitchen table after coloring in the car yesterday. She helped herself and colored my kitchen floor, get legs, get hands, and even a little of her forehead.
Tuesday, April 08, 2014
- paint in 2 bedrooms (done)
- the kitchen (done)
- dinning room (done)
- family room (there's some primer on the wall)
- living room (paint is purchased)
- basement stairwell (Keith patched the drywall holes he made)
- new doorknobs in the whole house (purchased and 1 installed of 12)
- new kitchen hardware on the drawers and cabinets (purchased)
- new paint on the trim in the dinning room, living room and kitchen (2 of 3 rooms done)
- stain on the kitchen cabinets (purchased)
- discovering the hardwood floors in a bedroom (discovered, not cleaned all the way yet)
- switching the boys bedroom (done)
- deciding on a new couch for the family room (to do)
- decide on flooring for the family room (to do)
- finishing re-wiring the house (Keith is making awesome progress)
- new doors (done, buy a professional!)
- several new light fixtures
Oh and choosing paint colors made me panic. I couldn't do it. It was too stressful. We had Sherwin-Williams send their color consultant to our house to help us, but so far we love the colors! (All you have to do is buy a $75 Sherwin William gift card and schedule the consultant! We've certainly spent more than that in paint and primer and supplies to date!)
Monday, April 07, 2014
Elinore's newest favorite thing to do is play ring around the rosy. When she wants to play, she tells you "ashes, ashes" in the sweetest little toddler voice that you can't resist. After you fall down, that sweet little voice comes out and said "again!"
Saturday, March 29, 2014
Yesterday at work I was looking through my purse for something when I find a small can of mushrooms. I don't even like mushrooms! I think Miss Elinore has something to do with it.
If we don't shut the pantry door, she noticed and goes to play. Usually she pulls out a box of cereal, but sometimes she goes for the cans too.
Friday, March 28, 2014
Yesterday morning when I was in the kitchen for breakfast with the kids before school and work, I noticed what looked like our toilet bowl brush sticking out of the kitchen trash can wrapped up inside the shopping bag from the bathroom tash bag. I thought it was weird, but didn't pay much attention to it and went about my day.
Then Keith called that afternoon.
He proceeded to tell me that a few weeks ago he'd noticed there was some formerly wet toilet paper sitting on top of the toilet bowl brush, but he hadn't paid much attention to it. The toilet bowl brush sits in the bathroom in the back half of our house that isn't used regularly by anyone but him. This morning he decided to investigate further.
He described the toilet brush to be over the phone by saying that it looked like someone had used the toilet bowl brush as a plunger before putting it back in its holder. (At this point, I immediately started laughing.) He said not only was there the toilet paper on the brush, but there was poop caked all through the brush. There was also what appeared to be the poop water on the floor under and around the brush.
So Keith called me at 3 in the afternoon at work to tell me we needed to buy a new toilet bowl brush. Which is totally something I would leave work for right away for to run out and buy...not.
Caden has recently started to plunge the toilet himself in our other bathroom. It cloggs frequently, and he's self-taught on the plunger over there. I'm assuming he's the culprit in the other bathroom too, and we may need to have a discussion about the difference in a toilet brush and a plunger...